Paula Peter has been working with capital campaigns for 40 years. She started her development career in 1983 at Cornell University where she served in roles across the division, including:
- Assistant Director of the Cornell Fund, (staffing class reunion campaigns)
- Director of Public Affairs for the Cornell Botanic Gardens
- Senior major gift officer
Paula began consulting in 1991 as a senior consultant with Carol O’Brien Associates. For over a decade she provided campaign counsel to a wide array of organizations across the US – including large, decentralized universities, small colleges, national entities, and small community-based organizations. Sectors served ranged from education, research institutions, museums, orchestras, public broadcasting, health care and human services.
In 2002, Paula founded The Solstice Group, Inc. and for the past two decades has served clients from Maine to Philadelphia, Michigan to New York. During that time, she co-founded and ran the Ithaca Institute to help train development professionals until the broader field caught up with more robust offerings.
Paula is honored to be one of the first Advisors for Capital Campaign Pro.
Areas of Expertise
Paula has expertise with campaigns, board development and major gifts work, an expertise that can be applied to any type of organization. She has a special interest in supporting women, girls, human rights, and organizations committed to empowering young people. She is also passionate about environmental causes and conservation.
Some of Paula’s Clients
- Community College of Aurora (Colorado)
- DoveLewis Animal Hospital (Oregon)
- Fannie and John Hertz Foundation
- Finger Lakes Museum (New York)
- Gordon School (Rhode Island)
- Lakeshore Technical College (Wisconsin)
- Maine Media Lab
- Project Home, (Philadelphia, PA)
- Safe Children’s Coalition of Florida
Education and Certifications
- B.A. Cornell University
Additionally, non-traditional training that informs Paula’s work through the:
- Gestalt Institute
- Hoffman Institute
- Temagami Experience
- Group Leadership Intensive
- Network for Grateful Living
Ithaca, New York
Paula lives with her husband on top of a hill with long vistas. Between them they are blessed with four children and nine grandchildren, most of whom reside in the area.
She remains in awe of — and dependent on — the nature that surrounds them in the Finger Lake region of New York.