Kent Stroman is a talented speaker, insightful advisor, effective communicator, and published author. He has an appeal that transcends barriers of age, culture, and occupation. Since 1976 he has been involved in teaching and organizational leadership, impacting numerous organizations with his passion for excellence.
After a 25-year career in higher education, Kent launched Stroman & Associates, consulting in fundraising, board governance, strategic planning, and leadership development. Kent’s fundraising efforts have generated countless millions of dollars for charitable causes. He is a Partner in the Alliance for Board Effectiveness, BoardSource-trained governance consultant, and a Sarkeys Foundation-approved retreat facilitator.
Kent has had an illustrious career in the nonprofit sector:
- In 2003 he was named the Outstanding Fundraising Executive by the Eastern Oklahoma AFP.
- In 2005 he was honored by Big Brothers Big Sisters with the cherished Ray G. Steiner Champions Award for “exemplifying the character qualities of leadership by example, integrity, generosity, and commitment to excellence; and for outstanding contributions to furthering the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters.”
- In 2010 he was awarded the prestigious Cornerstone Award for his “expertise, tireless dedication and hard work to transform South Haven, one of West Tulsa’s most neglected and impoverished communities.”
- In 2012 he launched the highly successful Asking Academy™ with the purpose of “Equipping leaders to dramatically transform their fundraising results.”
Kent has a vast portfolio of board experience including service as Chair of the Regional Chamber of Commerce, Association of Fundraising Professionals (Eastern Oklahoma Chapter), Community Foundation, the Regional United Way, and the Entrepreneurial Leadership Project at MidAmerica Nazarene University.
Additionally, Kent is a popular speaker and frequent presenter to regional, national, and international audiences.
Areas of Expertise
Kent’s specialty is major fundraising campaigns with a focus on larger gifts. While dedicated to assisting clients in reaching their financial goals, he has a long track record of equipping them to succeed in areas beyond money.
Some of Kent’s Clients
- Montauk Historical Society
- Indiana Golf Foundation
- STARability Foundation
- The Martin House Children’s Advocacy Center
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America
- Lakeshore Technical College
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Gilmore Car Museum
- White River Health
Education and Certifications
- B.A. from MidAmerica Nazarene University – 1976
- Certificate in College Business Management, University of Kentucky – 1982
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – 1993 to 2005
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) – 1999
- Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Master Trainer – 2010
Kent and Marva, his wife of 44 years, have three adult children and nine grandchildren. Kent enjoys travel, reading, woodworking, cooking, singing, and pickleball!